About this university
Vitebsk State Medical University is the premier medical institution in the Republic of Belarus today. Its origin dates back to November, 1934. Vitebsk State Medical Universityis one of the most famous government Medical Universities in Belarus. VSMU is located in the city of Vitebsk in Belarus in East Europe. VSMU was foundedin November 1934 and started enrolling foreign students in 1981. It has been in existence for over 75 years now and reckoned to be highly placed medical university in the whole of Europe.The academic plan is developed and maintained according to the European Qualification framework.
This university is famous for its quality education and expert teaching staff. Vitebsk State Medical University management meets the standard of international ISO 9001.
In 2007 in cooperation with PATHE Academy (DSR Sri Lanka) the University signed a protocol of joint action to establish a branch of VSMU in DSR Sri Lanka. In 2008 it signed an agreement on mutual cooperation with Gdansk Medical Academy (Poland). In 2009 it established cooperation with Argentine University Maimonides.
- Preparatory Training Course
- General Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Stomatological Faculty
- Overseas Students Training Faculty
- Post-graduate Training Faculty
- Faculty of Pedagogics and Psychology of Higher School
For the years of working the University has trained more than 14,000 physicians and more than 6,000 pharmacists. Graduates of the University are great organizers and leaders of practical public health, heads of clinic departments, head physicians. Over the years, superior positions in the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
- State own university which Maintains a high level of education compatible with European standards
- Total tuition fee less than 4 million. Hostel fees and cost of living, low and affordable in comparison.
- Total student population of 7000 including
- English medium curriculum
- Clinical training in state hospitals (20 teaching hospitals with a total bed capacity exceeding 10,700)
- Focused European standard education with 10:1 student-teacher ratio.
- VSMU provides training program for MBBS (6years programme) in English.
- From the third year practical training of students is carried out at the clinical bases and hospitals of the university.
- At present VSMU provides international students with on-campus comfortable hostels. There are many catering facilities serving Muslim food around the campus.
- Vitebsk State Medical University is rated high in the world-rating systems and its MD degrees are recognized by the Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC), General Medical Council (UK) Medical Council of India, Australia and many others and also enlisted in the directories of the World Health Organization (WHO), Education …
- Arrangement of English proficiency test at Falcon Head Office, Lahore
Vitebsk State Medical University is rated high in the world-rating systems and its MD degrees are recognized by the Ministry of Health Pakistan, General Medical Council (UK) Medical Council of India, Australia and many others and also enlisted in the directories of the World Health Organization (WHO), Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA etc.