About this university
The University of Nottingham is a pioneer in international education. Nottingham is a globally engaged university that is committed to making a difference by solving problems and improving lives. As a university without borders, it was established campuses in three countries to afford Nottingham and a unique opportunity to explore a leading British University not only at home but also abroad, conducting cutting edge research across more areas, and providing a quality UK higher education to many more students than would otherwise be possible.
University of Nottingham founded the first UK overseas campus in Malaysia in 2000 and the first UK university campus in China in 2004, as well as delivering off-campus courses and having offices around the world. Over 150 countries are currently represented by those who study and work with us, and we aim to engender a global mindset among our staff and students.
Unlock your potential at a world-leading university with a truly international student community. At the University of Nottingham, we don’t settle for ordinary. The courses develop your skills and knowledge to help you become unstoppable in your career. That’s why the University of Nottingham is among the top five UK universities most targeted by graduate employers. Join a community of 47,000 students from over 150 countries who are already beginning to make a difference locally, nationally, and globally.
Cultural, Media and Visual Studies
Cultures, Languages and Area Studies
Modern Languages and Cultures
Architecture and Built Environment
Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Foundation Engineering and Physical Sciences
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
Medicine and Health Sciences
Veterinary Medicine and Science
Physics and Astronomy
Nottingham University Business School
Politics and International Relations
Sociology and Social Policy
As a member of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group and the Universities 21 global network of research-intensive universities, we deliver a high standard of education.
- In the UK’s top 20 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked 103 in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2022
- A world top 70 university for employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Sports University of the Year in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022, 18 in United Kingdom and 141 in the world.
- The Complete University Guide 2022, 24 in United Kingdom.
- Research at University of Nottingham was ranked 8th in the UK for Research Power in the most recent Research Excellence Framework – the UK’s official five-yearly assessment of the quality of research in UK higher education institutions.
Scholarship and Funding:
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) International Scholarships
- Charles Wallace Trust
- South Asia Undergraduate Excellence Award
- South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award
- Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- International Sporting Excellence Award
- Sports scholarship packages
There are lots of different room types available at Nottingham, with a wide range of facilities.
UK campuses includes as follows:
- Catered halls (undergraduates only)
- Self-catered halls
- En-suite rooms
- Self-contained studios
- Rooms with shared kitchen, bathroom and living spaces
- Accessible and single sex accommodation
All of university halls of residence are on, or close to, university campuses, have 24-hour security and wardens available day and night – giving you peace of mind.