- Maynooth University is an internationally recognised institution located 25 kilometres outside of Dublin, Ireland, and is the nation’s fastest growing university.
- One of four constituent universities of the National University of Ireland, Maynooth University in 2019 placed #50 in the global top 100 universities under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- On 16 June 2017, Maynooth University celebrated its 20th birthday, having been formally established as an autonomous university in 1997. Yet, it traces its origins to the foundation of the Royal College of St. Patrick in 1795, drawing inspiration from a heritage that includes over 200 years of education and scholarship.
- Today, Maynooth University is a place of lively contrasts–a modern institution, dynamic, rapidly-growing, research-led and engaged, yet grounded in historic academic strengths and scholarly traditions.
- With 13,000 students from more than 90 countries, Maynooth offers a range of programmes at undergraduate, Master’s and PhD level in the humanities, science and engineering, and social sciences, including business, law, and education. The University also offers a range of international programmes and partnerships.
- Our university is located just 25 km west of Dublin and can be reached by road (car, bus) or a regular train network.
- Choose to join us for a full degree, semester or a summer school.
- 34 academic departments over 3 Faculties: Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy; Science and Engineering; and Social Sciences.
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) assessment translates easily to other credit systems.
- Maynooth University boasts 8 cutting-edge Research Institutes on campus. There have been 2 Nobel Peace Prize winners among our Alumni and Staff.
- We are situated close to Ireland’s ‘Silicon Valley’ and we maintain strong links with global businesses like Intel, HP, Google and over 50 other giants of industry.
- Maynooth University has the best graduate employment records of any Irish university and takes great pride in offering students dynamic and modular programmes.
Our Impact in Numbers
The World Ranking
The World Ranking