About this university
A globally outstanding center of teaching and research excellence, a colligate community of extra ordinary people, a unique and historic setting – Durham is a university like no other.
The university offers over 200 undergraduate courses and 100 taught postgraduate courses, and many research degrees. Durham has distinctive residential and educational communities. A total number of student population at Durham University is of 20,268 (2020/21). Total number of students are made up of undergraduate and postgraduate students, from home and international.
Some of the reasons of choosing Durham:
- Outstanding Staff
- A Stunning Location
- Diverse Social Community
- Unique College System
- Wider Student Experience
- Network of Support and Welfare Services
- Business School
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences and Health
- 82 in QS World Ranking 2022
- 5th Guardian University Guide 2022
- 12 and 19 QS World Ranking by Subject 2022
- Excellence in teaching and research 5th in the Guardian University Guide 2022, 6th in the Complete University Guide 2022 and 6th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
Scholarships and Funding:
- International Scholarships – UG and PGT
- British Council Women in STEM
- Chevening Scholarships – PGT
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships – PGT
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships – PGT
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships – PGR
Recognised (independent) Colleges
The two recognised Colleges, St Chad’s College and St John’s College, operate their accommodation independently of the University.